Snellville Portrait and All Inclusive Maternity/Newborn Photographer
What to Expect during a Newborn Photography at Sonya Davis Photography
Here are a few tips to help the session run smoothly:
* Please try to keep your little one awake for an hour or so prior to the session. They will be tired and ready for a nap once the session starts. Baths are a good way to keep them awake.
* Feed or nurse at the beginning of the session. With a full belly we should be able to start immediately. Remember to bring a pacifier and extra bottles of milk!
* Dress the baby in loose clothing that zips or snaps, nothing that goes over the head.
* For family shots, keep your clothing simple. Mom should wear clothing that is not form fitting or tight around the stomach. Wearing clothing with patterns or polka dots is not ideal.
* The room temperature will be 85 degrees. The session will last up to (2) hours. Parents are encouraged to bring tablets, laptops, books, snacks, etc…to help pass the time.
* I take shots of babies in their birthday suits, wraps, headbands, and hats using different props and backdrops.
* Do not hesitate to feed your little one during the session.
* If you wish for an older sibling under age 3 to be in some shots, have someone to bring the older sibling about 20 minutes prior to the session ending. It is a hard task to ask or expect a toddler to wait quietly throughout the entire session. Consider taking them to Lenora Park, which is about 2 minutes away. Once the older sibling arrives we will do some baby and sibling shots as well as family shots. Keep in mind that sibling shots hardly ever go as planned but I will try my best to get a couple of them together. It is a good idea to prep sister or brother prior to session. Prep them on how to to kiss the baby’s head or lightly hug the baby.
* In two or less weeks you will return for the Viewing and Ordering Session. You will be able to choose your images and pay any remaining balances at this time.